Financial Aid and Scholarships
The purpose of the Scholarships and Financial Aid fund is to offer financial grants to students who excel academically or in extracurricular activities.
|Academic Grants for the General Secondary School Students|
|Full grant||The first five students in the UAE.||Applied on the credit hours fees, and to continue this scholarship, it is required to maintain a minimum semester GPA of 3.8 and enroll in no less than 15 approved credit hours.|
|50%||Students getting 99% and above||Applied on the credit hours fees of the first semester, and to continue this scholarship, it is required to maintain a minimum semester GPA of 3.8 and enroll in no less than 15 approved credit hours.|
|40%||Students getting 98% up to 98.99%|
|30%||Students getting 94% up to 97.9%||Applied on the credit hours fees of the first semester, and to continue this scholarship, it is required to maintain a minimum semester GPA of 3.6 and enroll in no less than 15 approved credit hours.|
|20%||Students getting 90% up to 93.9%|
|Scholarships for the University’s Students|
|Academic excellence||40% discount for the University’s honor list of credit hours.|
30% of the College’s honor list from the fees of the credit hours.
(Student should successfully complete a minimum of 15 credit hours in the first or second semester with a GPA of at least 3.6).
|Brothers and Relatives||20% discount on the credit hours fees for the brothers registered in each semester (Exception for the first one).|
|Parents, sons and daughters, and spouses registered in each semester are treated as brothers.|
|Students who lose their breadwinner||50% of the tuition fees for students who lose their breadwinner (During their studies), and continues until the student is awarded a Bachelor's Degree by AAU.|
The following rules govern this type of grant:
|Children of Employees||50% of the credit hour fees for the sons and daughters of the university’s academic and administrative staff.|
|Exception for graduate students.|
|Outstanding Students in extracurricular activities||Scholarship for one semester with a specific percentage|
Master's Degree Scholarships (Graduate Studies) according to the following categories:
Firstly: Al Ain University (AAU) Graduates:
- Al Ain University graduates receive a 40% discount in the first semester of their Master's degree enrollment, with a minimum registration of 6 approved credit hours. To continue receiving the discount, the student must register for at least 6 approved credit hours per semester and achieve a minimum semester GPA of 3.3.
- If the required GPA is not achieved, the discount is reduced to 15%, and the student must continue registering for at least 6 approved credit hours, with a semester GPA not less than 3.0.
- A 30% discount is granted for enrolling in remedial courses.
Secondly: Outstanding Bachelor's Degree Holders (non-AAU graduates):
Students with a Bachelor's degree GPA of at least 3.6 receive a 10% discount for enrolling in the Master's program. To maintain this discount, the student must achieve a semester GPA of not less than 3.0 while registering for 6 or more approved credit hours.
Terms and Conditions:
All types of discounts and scholarships offered by the university apply to regular academic semesters (Fall and Spring) and do not apply to summer sessions.
- These discounts do not cover retake courses, whether for fees or GPA improvement purposes.
- Scholarships and discounts do not apply to students funded by external entities.
- A student cannot combine two scholarships in the same semester, and if a student qualifies for two scholarships, they will be granted a higher discount percentage.
- The student must apply for the scholarship as soon as they meet the qualifying conditions, and it will not be awarded retroactively if the eligible semester has already passed.
Humanitarian Assistance and “Contribution” Fund
The University also provides humanitarian assistance to students who have harsh financial conditions preventing them from completing their undergraduate studies.
|The University offers grants for one semester for students who cannot afford to pursue their studies.|
|The funds come from donations and grants from bodies that wish to help students facing financial difficulties.|
Applying for a Humanitarian Aid Scholarship