Final Online Exams Instructions (Remote Exams)
Students are obliged to follow the following instructions
- Prepare the laptop device and log in into the system at least (20) minutes prior to exam time.
- Open both the computer camera and the microphone, and show their student ID card.
- Signing in and accessing the exam is prohibited after (15) minutes from the starting time.
- Submitting the exam and signing out is not allowed except after at least (30) minutes since the start of the exam.
- Using Mobile phones to implement the exams is banned.
- Students must download “Respondus Lockdown Browser” program on their computer from Moodle website(https://online-learning.aau.ac.ae/moodle/).
The following are examples of incidents that will be regarded by the invigilators as a cheating attempt or an actual cheating case:
Deceiving in revealing the Student ID or allowing another person to take the exam on their behalf.
- Deliberately exiting the exam page during the exam and/or using another screen or page not designated for the exam.
- Neither complying to being quiet nor maintaining order during the exam period.
- Not complying to the instructions of the course instructor.
- Frequently turning around and/or looking somewhere else other than the device screen.
- Performing movements or using signals that indicate cheating, or changing the sitting place.
- Unauthorized usage of papers or books while taking the exam, unless permitted by the course instructor, and clearly stated in the examination instructions.
- Partial or complete copying of the exams questions or answers.
- Making any form of recordings, copies, or quoting from other sources in the exam, including partially or completely taking screen shots or screen recordings.
- Opening any other internet browsers or applications.
- Using mobile phones or any other electronic device during conducting the exam.
- Deliberately switching off the camera or the microphone or disconnecting the internet.
- Partially or completely covering the camera during conducting the exam.
- Directing the camera towards any other place apart from the student’s face.
- Hiding the student’s face from the camera throughout the exam period, except for technical reasons that the student had previously reported, or for other reasons permitted by the university.
- Allowing any family member, friends or acquaintances to enter the exam room in order to assist in taking the exam, or co-conducting the exam with another student registered at the university.
- Sharing any questions or answers through any communication platform such as websites, programs, social media, phones or other electronic devices during or after conducting the exam.
- Claiming the existence of technical problems in order to evade the exam.
- Unauthorized departure of the exam room, without the instructor’s permission.
- Not logging out after completing the exam, or being reluctant.
- Delaying immediate reporting of any technical problems arousing during the exam and waiting till the end.
The student will be penalized for cheating or attempted cheating stipulated in the Student Handbook after being referred to the University’s Student Disciplinary Committee.
failing all courses that were registered during the semester in which the incident of cheating or attempted cheating occurred.
Al Ain University has deployed Respondus LockDown Browser as its proctoring solution to achieve academic integrity during the final exams.
Students should conduct their online exams using the LockDown Browser, the devices should have the specifications listed below:
|Device type||Desktop or Laptop Computer or Apple iPad (iOS 11 or higher)|
|Operating System||Windows: 10 or Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher|
|Hardware||Web camera (internal or external) & microphone|
|Network||A broadband internet connection|